Starting July 1, 2023, standard Universal Analytics properties will no longer process data. You’ll be able to see your Universal Analytics reports for a period after July 1, 2023, however, new data will only flow into Google Analytics 4 (GA4) properties. This means to continue to monitor website traffic, you will need to implement the new GA4 codes prior to July 1, 2023.
How is GA4 different from Universal Analytics
- Uses events instead of sessions
- Includes privacy controls such as cookie-less measurement – solves the third-party cookie concerns
- Predictive capabilities offer guidance
- G4 will combine web and mobile data including apps if you have
- Smarter Marketing Insights using Machine Learning
- Deeper Integration with Google Ads
- Better Understanding of Customer Life Cycle
- New Data Control
- Automatic report (with custom templates) building
- Conversion tracking is easier
- Debugging available
It may seem like a daunting task, but Revenue Matters can help implement these new GA4 tracking codes so you will be set up in advance of the July 1, 2023 deadline. Contact us to learn more.