Information We Collect
We obtain personal information through this Site about you from a variety of sources. This includes personal information you provide to us directly, information we obtain from other sources, and information we gather through automated means.
Information you provide to the Revenue Matters Site. When you access certain features of the Site, or directly correspond with us, we may collect certain types of information from you:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and telephone and/or mobile numbers);
- Occupational data (such as profession, position, title, company);
- Other information you may provide to us, such as through our “Contact Us” feature; and
Information obtained from other sources. We may obtain personal information about you through the Site from publicly and commercially available sources and from our service providers, including geo-location data.
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Device information, including unique identifiers and connection information, including the means of internet connection (e.g., WiFi connection, ISP);
- Your device type and settings, software used, browser type and operating system;
- Language preferences;
- Websites or other services you visited before and after visiting the Site (referring URL);
- Web pages you view and links you click on within, and what search queries you may have run on, the Site (clickstream);
- Dates and times you access or use the Site; and
- Location information, including the city and state associated with a unique identifier.
How we use information
We, or service providers acting on our behalf, may use the information collected from and about you to:
- Provide our services;
- Respond to inquiries from you and other third-parties;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing, enhancing, analyzing, and improving our Site; managing our communications; performing data and statistical analytics; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions); and
- In other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We may share your personal information:
- With our Service Providers. With our service providers who perform services on our behalf.
- For Legal Requirements and Proceedings. We may disclose information to law enforcement authorities or other government officials if we are required to do so to comply with subpoenas, court orders, legal process, or other law enforcement or other government measures, and to comply with other legal obligations. We may also disclose information if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
- To Protect our Services and Users. We may disclose information to protect and defend the rights, interests, and safety of the Site, our subsidiaries and affiliates, and their employees, contractors, and agents; to protect the security and safety of our users of the Site, including when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss.
- For Business Transfers. In the event of a proposed or completed sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
- Non-personal Information. When the information collected from or about you is not defined as personal information under applicable law, we may share such non-personal, de-identified information, or aggregated information with third parties at our discretion.